Adamson Analytical Laboratories tests various cosmetics and beauty products. We have procedures for sunscreens, lip balms, sunless tanning mists, body lotions, lipsticks, foundations, eye colors (shadow and mascara), moisturizers, fragrances and many others. We test by FDA approved standards, and by foreign standards when applicable for export. At Adamson Analytical, Inc. cosmetic analysis is one of our primary areas of expertise. Our cosmetic scientists are fully staffed for seven days of operation. Ninety percent of our analyses are performed on a daily basis. Our high-quality instruments such as liquid chromatography, gas chromatography and ion-chromatography are used for the assay and purity of active ingredients.
All raw materials should be tested:
- Free of pathogenic microbiological contamination
- Free of Inorganic impurities such as lead, arsenic, mercury, and heavy metals as per USP, FCC and CTFA requirements.
- Below maximum allowable limits of organic contamination such as residual solvent, 1, 4-dioxane, formaldehyde, phthalate, and nitrosamine.
Cosmetic Labeling Requirements: Products that are cosmetics but are also intended to treat or prevent disease or affect the structure or functions of the human body, are considered also drugs and must comply with both the drug and cosmetic provisions of the law. Examples of products which are drugs as well as cosmetics are anti-cavity toothpastes (e.g., “fluoride” toothpastes), suntanning preparations intended to protect against sunburn, anti-perspirants that are also deodorants, and antidandruff shampoos.
List of our Cosmetic Services
- Color Additives
- Moisturizers, Emulsifiers, Surfactants, and Stabilizers
- Nail Polish Testing
- Preservative and Additive Analysis
- Prohibited & Restricted Ingredients
- Skin Care
- Soap and Shampoo
- Sunscreen-Suntan Products Testing